- I Want To...
- Now accepting CCW permit applications
Now accepting CCW permit applications
Great news! The Baldwin Park Police Department is now accepting applications for our CCW Program. Click here to start the process.
The Baldwin Park Police Department is now accepting applications from residents who wish to obtain a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) license. Please note that you must be a resident of Baldwin Park to apply with us. The CCW License Program allows for qualified individuals to carry an approved concealed firearm on their person for the purposes of self-protection. CCW license applications are processed through a convenient, online process which takes approximately 90-120 days to complete. CCW licenses are valid for two years from the date of issuance.
Requirements for Obtaining a Concealed Carry Weapon License
- Must be a resident of the City of Baldwin Park (Penal Code § 26150 and Penal Code § 26155)
- Be at least 21 years of age (Penal Code § 29610).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Fully complete an application that will include substantial personal information-much of which may be subject to public access under the Public Records Act.
- Be free from criminal convictions that would disqualify the applicant from carrying a firearm-see DOJ Firearms Prohibiting Categories.
- Be of good moral character (Penal Code § 26150 and Penal Code § 26155).
- Pay all associated application fees including those that may required by any third-party provider as well as fees required by the Department of Justice and the cost of the LiveScan (fees will not be refunded if the application is denied).
- Provide proof of ownership and registration of any firearm associated with the license.
- Be free from any psychological conditions that might make the applicant unsuitable for carrying a firearm (Penal Code § 26190).
- Complete required firearms safety training (Penal Code § 26165).
The Chief of Police may place special restrictions limiting the time, place, manner and circumstances under which any license shall be valid. In general, these restrictions will prohibit the licensee from:
- Being under the influence of any medication or drug while armed.
- Committing any crime.
- Consuming any alcoholic beverages while armed.
- Falsely representing him/herself as a peace officer.
- Interfering with any law enforcement officer's duties.
- Loading the permitted firearm with illegal ammunition.
- Refusing to display his/her license or firearm for inspection upon demand of any peace officer.
- Unjustified or unreasonable displaying of a firearm.
Any Concealed Carry Weapons license may be immediately revoked by the Chief of Police for any of the following reasons:
- The licensee has violated any of the restrictions or conditions placed upon the license.
- The licensee becomes psychologically unsuitable to carry a firearm.
- The licensee is determined to be within a prohibited class described in Penal Code § 29800, Penal Code § 29900, Welfare and Institutions Code § 8100, Welfare and Institutions Code § 8103 or any state or federal law.
- The licensee engages in any conduct which involves a lack of good moral character or that might otherwise remove the good cause for the original issuance of the license.
- Apply online through MyCCW.
- Complete the California Department of Justice (DOJ) Application
- Initial review of the application by a background investigator.
- Interview with a background investigator and a review of required documents.
- Criminal history check through LiveScan fingerprinting.
- Thorough background check.
- Psychological Review.
- Completion of an approved CCW Firearm Safety Course and Weapon(s) Qualification.
- Final interview with the Chief of the Baldwin Park Police Department and issuance of CCW license.
CCW permits will not be issued for employment purposes.