Victim’s Information

The Baldwin Park Police Department understands the mental strain associated with victimization. We want to make it as easy as possible for those affected by crime to get the available help resources needed during these times. We developed the victim advocate position to provide resources and information victims need to manage the critical issues in their lives. In order to do this we provide personal support, assist with restraining orders, register with Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE) as well as advise victims of the compensation program - California Victim Compensation Program (CalVCP).

These services are available by appointments.

Domestic Violence Advocate

Cynthia Espinoza
Phone: 626-813-5235 (Hablamos Español)

On November 4, 2008, the voters of the State of California approved Proposition 9, the Victims' Bill of Rights Act of 2008: Marsy's Law, a measure to provide all victims with rights and due process. Obtain further information on Marsy's Law.

Obtaining a Restraining Order

A police officer at the scene of a domestic violence call may contact a judicial officer by telephone to obtain an emergency protective order (restraining order) to ensure the safety of the adults. This is done when the officer reasonably believes that physical or serious emotional harm has occurred or is imminent, or the victim has been threatened with future violence. The emergency protective order is only valid for a few days to provide time for the victims to obtain a more permanent restraining order by the courts.

In order to obtain a temporary or regular restraining order, you must appear at the following address and file a petition requesting the restraining order:
Pomona Superior Court
400 Civic Center Plaza
Pomona, CA 91766

Phone: 909-620-3023

Additional Court Assistance

Additional court assistance can be obtained at the following numbers:

  • District Attorney Victim-Witness Assistance
    Phone: 213-974-7499
  • District Attorney Witness Assistance
    Phone: 213-974-3575

Copies of Reports

Please refer to Records.

Property & Evidence Release

Please refer to Property and Evidence.