Pay Parking Tickets

There are two ways to pay for parking tickets. The first method (preferred) is to pay online securely at the Citation Processing Center.

The second method is by utilizing a parking ticket payment drop box located in the front lobby of the police department. The tickets are not actually paid at the police station or city hall, but are mailed off to a processing center once a week. We advise utilizing the drop box only for citations that are not due the same week they are dropped off.

Payment Options for Indigent Persons: Payment Plans

Beginning July 1, 2018, the City of Baldwin Park began offering Payment Plans to Indigent Registered Owner(s)/Lessee(s) with unpaid parking citations. Assembly Bill 503 (AB 503) allows indigent persons as defined in California Vehicle Code section 40220 to pay unpaid parking fines and fees in monthly installments.

If you wish to apply for an Indigent Payment Plan, you must request the application within 60 calendar days of issuance of the citation, or within 10 days of the Administrative Hearing determination, whichever is later.

An Indigent Payment Plan provides the option to pay your parking citation in up to $25 monthly increments and shall be paid off within 18 months of the Payment Plan approval date. Upon approval, a non-refundable Payment Plan fee of $5 will be assessed to the total Payment Plan amount and all late fees and penalties shall be waived. Waived late fees and penalties may be reinstated if the person falls out of compliance with the Payment Plan.

Proof of Indigence

The Registered Owner/Lessee must demonstrate that he or she is indigent by providing any of the following:

  1. Proof of income from 3 most recent pay stubs that show the individual meets the income criteria set forth in subdivision (b) of Section 68632 of the Government Code.
  2. Proof of receipt of benefits under the programs described in subdivision (a) of Section 68632 of the Government Code. Proof of receipt will consist of a copy of the most recent: Verification of Benefits Form or Award Letter for Social Security.
  3. If the Registered Owner(s)/Lessee(s) does not have income or receives public assistance, a copy of their annual earnings from the Social Security Department is required.

Request a Payment Plan