Map of Truck Routes  -                   City of Baldwin Park Truck Route Map

The Baldwin Park Police Traffic Bureau

The Baldwin Park Police Traffic Bureau is part of the Patrol Division. The mission of the Baldwin Park Police Traffic Bureau is to promote traffic safety through education, enforcement, and engineering. The Traffic Bureau is staffed by motorcycle officers, traffic officers and parking enforcement officers. The Traffic Bureau is overseen by the Day Watch Patrol Bureau Commander. Motorcycle officers are assigned to all areas of the City to enforce traffic laws. Their main objective is to reduce traffic collisions and promote traffic safety. This is accomplished through traffic enforcement, recommending traffic control improvements and educational programs directed at drivers and pedestrians. The Traffic Bureau Responds to numerous citizen requests for service each month regarding traffic problems. Residents are encouraged to call the police department and request the traffic bureau for traffic related complaints. Traffic officers are also responsible for the review of all violations captured on the red light cameras in operation in the City ofBaldwin Park. Traffic officers are trained in the use of specialized equipment used for both enforcement and collision investigations.  These officers conduct a large volume of traffic enforcement; investigate the vast majority of injury traffic collisions and investigate all fatal traffic collisions that occur inBaldwin Park. Parking enforcement officers are civilian members of the Traffic Bureau responsible for insuring that state and local parking ordinances are enforced. This is accomplished through the issuance of citations and community education. Parking enforcement officers also respond to reports of abandoned vehicles. Residents are encouraged to call the Baldwin Park Police Department Traffic Bureau for complaints related to parking, including vehicles blocking driveways, vehicles parked in fire lanes or reporting abandoned vehicles. The Baldwin Park Police Department participates in the State of California Office of Traffic Safety Avoid the 100 Anti-DUI program. This multi-jurisdictional enforcement effort uses checkpoints and directed enforcement operations to crack down on impaired drivers and reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by alcohol related traffic collisions. We are committed to keeping you safe. To report any concern regarding traffic related issues you may call the police department at (626) 960.1955.

Traffic Bureau Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q: Where can I get a “fix-it ticket” signed off? A “fix-it ticket” can be signed off at the Baldwin Park Police Department:

  •  14403 E. Pacific Ave., Baldwin Park

Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 6:00p.m. We will gladly inspect the vehicle and, if the problem is one that we can sign off, we will. There is a $15.00 vehicle inspection fee. A citation may be signed off by any police officer in California. It does not require the inspection be done by the issuing agency.

Q:  What do I do with my “fix-it ticket” after it is signed off? You take the “fix-it ticket” back to the court house that has jurisdiction over the issuing law enforcement agency.

Q:  How do I contest a parking citation? On the back of the parking citation, you will find instructions that will assist you in filing a response if you feel you were incorrectly cited.

Q:  How do I contest a traffic citation? On the face of the citation you will find the address of the traffic court, as well as the date and time you are scheduled to appear. You can appear in court to contest your traffic citation.

Q:  Who do I call to report on-going traffic problems? If the problem is happening right now, you may call the PoliceCommunicationsCenterat our non-emergency line, (626) 960.1955 and a Parking or Traffic Officer will be dispatched as soon as possible.

Q:  How do I obtain a driver’s license? Drivers’ licenses are obtained through the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) at (800) 777-0133 or

Q:  What is considered proper or valid identification? Proper identification consists of: current Californiadriver’s license; current out-of-state drivers’ license; current California Department of Motor Vehicles identification card; current military identification card; current passport; or VISA.

Q:  My car was impounded, what do I do?  Vehicles may be impounded for several reasons.    If your vehicle was impounded as a result of being abandoned, a traffic hazard, expired or suspended registration, the driver was arrested or a one day storage as a result of an unlicensed driver driving the vehicle, the registered owner must bring proper identification, and current registration to the Police Department.  Bring all DMV paperwork showing current registration or a one day moving pass. This must be done Monday through Friday, between 9:30a.m. and 6:00p.m.  If the vehicle is currently registered, a release will be issued for a fee of $245.00. If the vehicle was reported stolen, there is no fee.  After you have received a vehicle release, arrangements can be made with the tow company to pay their fees and have the vehicle released.  For additional information regarding the release of a vehicle under the above circumstances, please contact the Records Bureau at (626) 960.1955. If your vehicle was impounded because it was used in a crime or is evidence of a crime, contact the Tow Coordinator at (626) 960.1955 ext. 429.  Be sure to have your license plate number or case number available so you can be referred to the detective handling the case. If your vehicle was impounded because it was being operated by a driver driving on a suspended license, it will be held for 30 days (per California Vehicle Code Section 14602.6). In order to get a vehicle release, you must meet the following requirements: 1) The registered owner must be present with a valid form of identification; 2) The vehicle registration must be current or you must possess a Deposit of Fees receipt issued by the DMV and a temporary moving permit; and 3) You must pay the release fee of $245.00.  If the registered owner is unlicensed, he/she must be accompanied by a licensed driver.  However, on ANY storage or impound one can request a hearing to determine the validity of storage (per California Vehicle Code Section 22852).  At the hearing, a determination will be made on the validity of the storage, and/or the 30-day hold status.  If the hearing determines the storage to be unlawful, the storing agency will be responsible for the towing and storage charges. Your failure to request or attend a scheduled hearing shall satisfy the Post-Storage Validity requirements (per California Vehicle Code Section 22852).  Hearings are conducted Monday through Friday at 12:45 p.m. in the front lobby of the police department. Appointments are not needed.  The registered owner is still responsible for the release fee regardless if the vehicle was released early from a 30-day hold.

Q:  What does CVC 14601.1 mean? This is the California Vehicle Code section for driving a vehicle with a suspended license. 14601.1(a) CVC – No person shall drive a motor vehicle when his or her driving privilege is suspended or revoked for any reason other than those listed in Section 14601, 14601.2, or 14601.5, if the person so driving has knowledge of the suspension or revocation. Knowledge shall be conclusively presumed if mailed notice has been given by the department to the person pursuant to Section 13106. The presumption established by this subdivision is a presumption affecting the burden of proof.

Q: Someone was driving my vehicle and it was impounded. How can I find out where the vehicle is located and retrieve my property. You may find out where your vehicle is being stored by calling the Police Department records Bureau (626) 960.1955.  Please have your license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), or police report number available when you call.

Q:  I am the registered owner of an impounded vehicle and unable to come to the Police Department to obtain a release form.  How can I get my car? If circumstances arise and the registered owner is unable to come to the Police Department to obtain a release form, the registered owner may (with written, notarized authorization and proper identification) authorize someone else with a valid CA drivers’ license to pick up the vehicle.

Q:  The registered owner of the vehicle is in jail/prison and wants to release the vehicle and/or property located in the vehicle to me.  What should I do? If the registered owner is in jail/prison, the inmate and a Sheriff’s Custody Deputy must sign a written letter authorizing the vehicle to be released to a CA licensed designee. This signed form, along with current registration, and a valid CA drivers’ license, must be brought to the Police Department to obtain a release form.

Q:    I was involved in a traffic collision.  How long does it take to get a copy of the police report? To obtain a copy of the collision report, contact the Records Bureau at (626) 960-1955.  It may take five (5) to ten (10) working days for a collision report to be ready for release. Collisions involving major injuries may take longer due to extensive follow-up investigations.

Q:    I was involved in a traffic collision, but I don’t agree with the findings and/or information in the police report.  What can I do? You may make a supplemental report at the front counter of the police department or speak to and officer about your concerns: ·     14403 E. Pacific Ave., Baldwin Park Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00a.m. and 6:00p.m. Your supplemental report will be attached to the original report written by the officer and your insurance company will take it from there.

Q:    There was a major collision on the street near my house.  The police had the street closed for hours.  Why did it take so long for them to re-open the street? Major and fatal traffic collisions are some of the most detailed police reports written.  Highly accurate measurements are taken of the roadway, vehicles, and evidence located in the area.  These measurements are later used to create scale drawings and diagrams of the collision scene.  This information can be used to reconstruct the collision to help determine which party was at fault and why the collision occurred.

Q:  Why do you have checkpoints? The traffic bureau’s goal is to reduce the number and severity of impaired driver related traffic collisions, to increase DUI arrests and to educate the public on the tragic costs of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.  Sobriety/Drivers’ License Checkpoints are visible and effective methods of reducing the incidence of drinking drivers.  These enforcement efforts are publicized to deter people from driving impaired and to encourage sober designated drivers.  Remember, it only takes one impaired driver to change the lives of many.